10 September 2014
doTerra Tuesdays - Personal (Thyroid) Health Update
OK, so it's Thursday.
I'm gonna try to keep it short.
Cause I'm pumped.
So I'll ramble on I know.
Got the call from Mr. Endocronologist-pants today. (That's a thing with the kids and I. We add "pants" to everyone's name. It makes us laugh).
Anyhoo.
I'm not dying of thyroid cancer!
I'm being funny of course, but then again... The drama the ultrasound tech was laying on me had me in fits all weekend as I waited for the results. She kept saying "it" as she was taking her fancy (pants) pictures. Trying to get "it" (this black mass on the screen) from this angle and trying to get "it" from that angle. Her and the other tech studied "it" and referred to "it" so hard core I thought I needed to go home and re-vamp my will!
"It"???
What the bleep is IT?
I am laying there thinking.
Then to top it off she says, as I am walking out the door, If you are really anxious you could call the doctor instead of waiting for them to call you.
Wow.
Forget bedside manner.
How about bedside horror?
So, of course, I stalked them today until the doctor actually called me to say I have a 2mm cyst on my thyroid. Too small to do anything with (I am assuming he means biopsy) and that I should check in with him in 3 months.
In between now and then I'm gonna natural medicine those
2 mm's to kingdom come!!!
Word.
Up.
So, I am a happy camper.
One stresser off the list, sort of, for now.
Tomorrow I meet with a neurologist and I'll update accordingly.
But this post is about Essential Oils right?
Look, I am a born sales-girl at heart so I know I can come off like a Mac truck on a freeway. You'll have to get over it - some things, like Jesus, are too good not to share!
I've been taking these/using these oils faithfully for about two and a half weeks. Maybe more like three. And I haven't felt better in the last couple of years.
Here's what I am experiencing...
No doom and gloom feeling.
No depression. (I've really been struggling with this on and off the last couple years.)
WAY less hair loss. (I have ALL WHITE floors and dark brown hair, so I know what's up.)
I am sleeping a bit better. No perfectly, but better. (I was waking up and not being able to fall back asleep.)
No grabbing, choking feeling around my neck (from swollen thyroid).
I've even lost 2 pounds ON ACCIDENT. For the first time in my life. ON ACCIDENT! Could my thyroid be regulating itself better???
Hubby kissed me the other day and I thought, Hey - maybe we better take this party upstairs. Seriously. That's a miracle. I was thinking I should start a new blog called, "Sister Angela" if you know what I mean. That or become a sales rep for FRIGID-aire.
And a more recent thing - I ordered a few new oils last week as I am making over our (empty) medicine cab little by little. I ordered the big-mammer-jammer.... Frankincense. Frankincense has all this brain power mo-jo (watch video here). I've been rubbing it at the base of my neck, right on my spine since Thursday past and I have had only TWO LITTLE MINI-TWITCHES. (See previous post). I mean, this twitching was getting so bad I actually checked with hubby to see if he knew seizure protocol and I made him promise not to scare the kids if it ever happens around them.
TWO LITTLE MINI-TWITCHES!
(I have twitched as many times as 25 violent jerks in a row).
Granted, I have been taking EXCELLENT care of myself but come on... this is a big deal for me.
Hubby is seeing GREAT results too which I will expound on another time. We each are feeling really, really good and it's really refreshing.
I hate this expression,
"An overall sense of well-being"
But that's exactly how I feel.
Dare I say... Perky!
I'm gonna keep at it. I'm gonna keep learning more. I'm gonna keep answering your questions as best I can (if it takes me awhile be patient - I got a TON of emails the last time.)
In the meantime - what's bugging you?
Anxiety?
Migraines?
IBS?
Stress?
Unsightly moles or skin tags?
If you've ever stepped foot into a Walgreens for ANYTHING then Essential Oils are for you.
You name it and I'll bet there's an oil for that.
Happy Health.
Angela,
Parisienne Farmgirl
PS - I know I am working with Amazon now but please if you are going to buy, buy them thru my doTerra store as I can not guarantee the integrity of the product if you buy through Amazon. There are stories of people diluting the oils and re-sealing the product.
Here's your link to shop. Remember -- getting your products at wholesale is just like buying a membership to Costco! But it's cheaper and when you renew you get a free Peppermint Oil!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













5 comments:
Hi Angela. BIG user of oils here! What oils are you using and how are you applying/using them? Any help would be appreciated - feeling extremely sluggish and would love to feel PERKY!
I had a "thing" on my thyroid too (I've been on something for an underactive thyroid for years), it was biopsied, inconclusive, but "thing" showed characteristics of cancer, so they took half my thyroid out, it wasn't cancer and even with only half a thyroid I don't take anymore medication, which means that half of the darn thing wasn't working anyway.
As to a lot of the symptoms you've described they really sound more like problems with the parathyroid, my doctor and I discussed all of this.
My doctor was real straight forward and very laid back, I was never nervous and the decision to do the surgery was mine. I'm glad the damn thing is gone.
Sister Angela! Ha! I love it! So, um, which oil are you using for that, if you don't mind sharing? Actually, would you mind sharing a post covering which oils you're using for which issue? I'm very interested. So glad you're feeling so much better!
Pam,
"sister Angela syndrome" is one of the side effects of hypothyroidism. So to see that improving shows me something is changing! I look forward to even more results as I read the thyroid really takes about 6 weeks to respond to change and I am seeing these improvements at 3 weeks. I am using clove, myrrh, peppermint and lemongrass on my thyroid. The "dosage" I am using is in the first post I did on this. As per someone elses idea I am now using Frankincense too as it breaks up cysts. I am also rubbing lemongrass over my heart once or twice a day to help with the high cholesterol that is also a side effect of hypothyroidism.
I'm dying over your sister Angela paragraph! So glad you're getting results.
Post a Comment