PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
v

16 February 2010

Beautiful Christian Sister


'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have
to seek Him first to find her
.'

When I say that 'I am a Christian', I
am not shouting that 'I am clean living.

I'm whispering 'I was lost, but now I'm found and
forgiven.'

When I say 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.

I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.
When I say 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.

I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success.

I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect.

My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.
When I say 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain.

I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,

I'm just a simple sinner who received God's good grace, somehow!

Today is Beautiful Christian Woman's Day.

Pretty is as Pretty does but, Beautiful is just plain
Beautiful..

14 comments:

TeriGigi/Girl Meets Paris said...

What a beautiful post, and so true.

Makes me feel good... Christians are not perfect, just forgiven!

Tina Leigh said...

That is beautiful! I wish more women felt that way & more folks understood that about being a christian!

Musings From A French Cottage said...

Beautiful! Very well said. Hope you're having a wonderful day and enjoying those adorable chickens!!

God Bless,
Kathleen

Molly Betsy @ Star Cottage said...

Lovely Post ;)
I coudn't see the pictures. Not sure if it's my computer or the site. Just thought I would let you know ;)

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

Amen! I could not have said it any better!

I adore my visits here!

Enjoy!
XOXO
Cathy

Pug1 said...

Awesome post! Have a blessed day! Michele

Betty said...

I couldn't see the pictures but the script was so very true...

Thank you...Betty @ Country Charm

annie said...

You are beautiful.
annie

Anonymous said...

:)

Kasey said...

beautiful.
xo

Unknown said...

I am so glad i find your blog!!!
I am from Paris and i live in the States. I am a Christian too. loved the quotes.
A bientot!
www.lechateaudesfleurs.blogspot.com

savvycityfarmer said...

you wear your faith so well, honey ...
thanks for keepin it real ...

ProjectHope7 said...

so beautiful.... did you write this??? I am sending it via email to my friends in a few minutes... thanks for such an encouraging post! It speaks volumes and humbles us all.

in His Great Mercy and Grace,
Cathy B

projecthope7 at gmail dot com
http://www.twitter.com/projecthope7
http://insearchofthebest.blogspot.com

http://www.mywaiora.com/724517

My Writing Friends Call Me Dusty said...

So love this... Great reminder for a new year..